Prawns in Hot Tomato Sauce
Taking only minutes to make yet packed full of flavours, this spicy prawn dish is the perfect mid-week supper made even better when served with glass of crisp white wine!
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
24 raw tiger prawns
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, stalks discarded & chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1-2 dried red chillies, chopped
2 tsp anchovy paste
500g very ripe tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
125ml dry white wine
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse the prawns thoroughly.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the parsley, garlic and chillies and saute gently for about 1 minute.
3. Mix in the anchovy paste and cook gently for a further 30 seconds or so, stirring the whole time.
4. Now pop in the prawns and let them take up the flavours of the oil for a minute before adding in the tomatoes.
5. Turn everything over in the pan once or twice and then add the wine. Cook at a higher heat for no longer than 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately and enjoy with crusty bread and a mixed green salad.