This zesty frozen dessert is perfect to have in the freezer for those sunny days ahead. Super simple to make, it's guaranteed to be a winner with young and old this summer!
Cooking Time: 20 minutes plus freezing time
300ml double cream
50g digestive biscuits, finely crumbed
3 eggs, separated
125g caster sugar
2 lemons, finely grated rind and juice
2 tablespoons lemon curd
1. Line a large loaf tin with greaseproof paper and place the crumbed digestive biscuits in the base pressing down evenly throughout the tin.
2. Whisk the egg whites until very stiff and then gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition, until the mixture is very thick.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream with the egg yolks. When combined, fold the mixture evenly and smoothly into the whisked white mixture along with the lemon rind and juice.
4. Gently swirl in the lemon curd and pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Place into freezer until firm, ideally overnight.
5. Remove from the freezer approximately 10 minutes before you plan to serve (depending on the weather) and then either serve as scoops or turn out of the loaf tin and slice.
Note: This dessert can be frozen for 2-3 months.