Sam's Chocolate Brownies
Some cooks prefer to whisk the butter and sugar together separately, and then sieve the flour before folding it in a little at a time etc etc, but I tend to go for the quicker, easier option of throwing the whole lot into a mixer before bunging the brownies in the oven. Here's my foolproof recipe - the sea salt is optional, but I really love it for adding a bit of a twist.
Ingredients (makes 12-16 brownies)
- 200g dark 70% chocolate (melted)
- 200g butter
- 350g soft brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 150g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of crunchy sea salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Line and grease a 20cm x 20cm baking tin
- Put all the ingredients (excluding the sea salt) in an electric mixer and blend until smooth
- Stir in the sea salt and pour the mixture into the baking tin
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, covering with foil after 30 mins to stop them from burning the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking tray before cutting into squares.