Baked Raspberry Cheesecake
A baked cheesecake always goes down well at a gathering and this one is sure to be a huge hit. With berries now coming into season, it's the perfect time to give this recipe a whirl.
Cooking time: 1 hour
8x digestive biscuits
50g butter, melted
600g cream cheese
2 tbsp plain flour
175g golden caster sugar
Few drops of vanilla extract
2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
150ml soured cream
1 tbsp icing sugar plus some for dusting
1. Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor (or put in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix with the melted butter. Press into a 20cm spring-form tin and bake for 5 minutes, then leave to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese with the flour, sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract, eggs, the yolk and soured cream until light and fluffy.
4. Stir in half the raspberries and pour into the tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool.
6. Keep a few raspberries for the top and put the rest in a pan with 1 tbsp icing sugar. Heat until juicy and then squash with a fork. Push through a sieve.
7. Dust the cheesecake with icing sugar and serve with the raspberry sauce and rest of the raspberries.