Farmhouse Recipes: Broad Bean Bruschetta
If you have a glut of broad beans in the veg patch, this is a nice way of using them up. It's also a great thing to make together as a family - our boys loved podding the beans and they even tried one or two, without grimacing! Here's our recipe...
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 100g fresh broad beans (podded)
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- Juice of quarter of a lemon
- Sea salt
- Spring of fresh mint
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Olive oil
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the broad beans. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
2. Strain the broad beans and put them in a bowl of cold water to cool them down.
3. Peel the beans once they have cooled.
4. Blend the beans, the soured cream, sea salt and lemon juice (we like to leave ours a bit chunky, but you can blend it smooth if you prefer)
5. Toast the sourdough. Meanwhile, chop the mint leaves and mix half into the broad bean mixture.
6. Once toasted, drizzle one side of the sourdough lightly with olive oil and rub over with a clove of garlic. Top with the broad bean mixture and sprinkle the remaining mint over the top.